tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap for windows

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:06:59 -0700

On Aug 18, 2013, at 12:11 PM, Phoebe K <kphoebe88 () gmail com> wrote:

Thanks Guy! I actually did try the win -pcap first. I  tried building SILK with the option --with-libpcap=XXX giving
the location of the libwpcap.a library(which I got from the developer's pack) and it still complained that it
couldn't find lwpcap.

So not sure what else I can try.

Try asking the SiLK developers for help, given that they claim that they support "Cygwin" as one platform, and the
"win" in "Cygwin" means "Windows", and the only libpcap-for-Windows that I know of out there is WinPcap....