tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: -W options to gcc

From: François-Xavier Le Bail <fx.lebail () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 05:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

About warnings and gcc specifics, II tried the gcc option -pedantic and I got (among others):

[...]

./print-olsr.c:197: warning: ISO C90 does not support the '%lf' gnu_printf format
[...]
./print-rx.c:856: warning: ISO C90 does not support the '%T' gnu_strftime format
[...]
./tcpdump.c:1217:27: warning: C++ style comments are not allowed in ISO C90
./tcpdump.c:1217:27: warning: (this will be reported only once per input file)

[...]

Perhaps portability problems ...

Francois-Xavier