tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: SEGFAULT when using multiple

From: Geoffrey Bugniot <g.bugniot () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:02:04 +0000 (UTC)

Geoffrey Bugniot <g.bugniot <at> gmail.com> writes:

I have a board with a PowerPC 8270 with an embedded Linux (2.6.39.4).
On that platform, I use tcpdump and a program wich use libcap (4.1.1).
Cross compiling is done with the ELDK 5.1 toolchain.

When I launch tcpdump, it works fine. The same with my program, it
works fine too. But if I launch both at same time,  a SEGFAULT
appears, and most of the time this SEGAULT results in a kernel panic.

So, the problem was related to my RAM chip. U-Boot was misconfigured. More
informations here :
http://www.mail-archive.com/linuxppc-dev () lists ozlabs org/msg60348.html

Regards,
G.B.