tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: rpcap

From: Fulvio Risso <fulvio.risso () polito it>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:45:53 +0200

On 05/15/2012 10:52 PM, Artur wrote:
Is rpcap implementation supports IPv6 address ? In function
rpcap_send_request_start on patch rpcap2.patch (3518553 rpcap:// support) use
only ipv4type address.
Why dont use struct addrinfo hints and function getaddrinfo to can use ipv4 and
ipv6?

Just because the code was done in 2002 and probably at that time I used the old socket style. No reason why it shouldn't support Ipv6 (except for the fact that you have to device another separator for the port number; ":" is no longer a valid symbol for that).

However, no much time to upgrade the code to support Ipv6 (from my part), though.

        fulvio

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.