tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: capturing on both interfaces simultaneously

From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:00:14 -0800

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM, abhinav narain
<abhinavnarain10 () gmail com> wrote:
hi,
I am using libpcap on Openwrt platform, Netgear router wndr3700v2.
I am able to capture packets on phy0, interface.
But what should I do to capture packets on phy0,phy1 simultaneously in the
same program ?

I don't think I can use "any" interface as it might capture packets from
bridge interface also !
Kindly suggest.

I don't know anything about that platform, but the standard way is to
open two pcap handles, one for each interface,  get the underlying
file descriptor and use select() or poll().  Although you could use
threads instead if you felt the need.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic