tcpdump mailing list archives

Influence of pcap_open_live parameters on pcap_sendpacket

From: Doktor Bernd <doktorbernd () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:10:58 +0000

Hi,

I am trying to optimize my program by adjusting the parameters of pcap_open_live().

In my program, I am opening the same interface twice and use one handle in a thread for capturing packets and the other
handle in a second thread for writing

Two questions:
- Do the two pcap_open_live() calls influence the hardware in anyway and have side effects on each other or are they
bound to the handle and I can rely on the parameters I give to be set?
- Do the parameters influence pcap_sendpacket() in any way? From the documentation I assume that they are only for
capturing from that interface.

All the best,
Bernd                                     -
This is the tcpdump-workers list.