tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: MIME type for libpcap (tcpdump -w)

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 12:04:59 -0400

"Glen" == Glen Turner <gdt () gdt id au> writes:
    Glen> Hi Guy,

    >> Is that a problem with said requirements?

    Glen> The IANA mandatory requirements for vendor MIME types are: -
    Glen> they must reference media, not other things - syntax must be
    Glen> correct - parameters must be explained (there are none in this

So, I say, go for it.
Do we need a page on tcpdump.org to collect the various info?

    Glen> The itch I'm scratching here is to get Wireshark launching
    Glen> automatically on Linux, so I don't have to teach the Linux
    Glen> command line when teaching networking protocols.

I worry about such induhviduals that do networking but not command
lines, but I understand your motivation.

--
] mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.