tcpdump mailing list archives

Serial port configuration parameters

From: "Edgar, Thomas" <thomas.edgar () pnl gov>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:57:42 -0700

I have updated libpcap to capture traffic from serial COM ports.  However, in order to do this I needed to configure
the serial port settings before starting the capture.  The method I have working is to add the port settings variables
to the pcap structure.  However, this required a change to the libpcap API by not calling the activate function during
the pcap_open_live function if it is a serial port interface and adding a second pcap_configure_serial function that
accepts the serial port settings as arguments and then calls the activate function.

Is there a better way to do this so that I can avoid changing the main API?  I prefer keeping it within the API and not
a config file or something but I don't want to change the main function call structure when starting a capture.

Thanks,
Thomas Edgar

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.