tcpdump mailing list archives

Libpcap speed problem

From: Arif UGUREL <arifugurel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:41:43 +0200

Hi all,
I'm using libpcap on OpenSuse 11.1. I have 2 interfaces ie. eth0 and
eth1. I'm trying to capture packets from eth0 and send them thru eth1.
I'm doing some logging operations before sending thru eth1. I developed
a simple application, when i deployed the box to our network, everything
is fine but after a while capture speed dramatically decreases and
starts to miss packets. I'm checking memory and CPU usage but everything
seems fine and total system memory is stable. I'm using an Intel board
with 1.6 Ghz atom CPU and 1 GB of RAM. I think my hardware is enough for
capturing 10Mbit network.
I'm confused about the speed decrease after some time. What do u think,
can it be the libpcap's internal problem, or my misuse.

Thanks.

Arif
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.