tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Capture IP Fragments

From: Abhijit Bare <abhibare () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 09:41:37 -0600

Thank you for the reply. I captured a 500GB traffic over 3 days using
tcpdump and there was concern that fragments were not captured. It
definitely looks like only the first fragments were captured and remaining
fragments were not. But that was not because of tcpdump. The GigaVUE is
dropping those packets. So the server is not getting those packets at all.

- Abhijit