tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request new DLT value for raw fibre channel

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:03:23 -0700

On Jul 22, 2009, at 1:36 PM, kahou lei wrote:

It is not base on RFC 3643. We are following the standard from
http://www.t11.org .

You can find the draft in Fibre Channel (FC) -> FC-FS-3 Fibre Channel -
Framing and Signaling - 3INCITS Project 1861-D.

Basically, we are following Table 4 Valid Data Characters (Section 5.14) and
Table 7 Frame Delimiters (Section 5.2).

We are currently supporting:

SOFi2 - BCB55555
SOFn2 - BCB53535**
SOFi3 - BCB55656
SOFn3 - BCB53636
SOFf - BCB55858
EOFt RD- -BC957575
EOFt RD+ - BCB57575
EOFa RD- -BC95F5F5
EOFa RD+ -BCB5F5F5
EOFn RD- -BC95D5D5
EOFn RD+ -BCB5D5D5
EOFni RD- -BC8AD5D5
EOFni RD+ -BCAAD5D5

Presumably you're representing K28.5 - which does not correspond to any 8-bit data byte value - as 0xBC in this case.

Are you putting the EOF value at the end of the packet as well?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.