tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Email Content Extraction From payload

From: Shameem Ahamed <shameem.ahamed () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 20:44:00 +0530

Hello Julian,

I am analyzing the HTTP protocol itself.

Problem is , when i try to print the payload (It is represented as a pointer to the u_char data type), it gives me
binary data , of course it includes some ascii data ( the http request headers).

My inference is the e-mail content and other details, are in that binary format.  I was thinking that, there should be
some means for getting that specific binary data in the user form ( some data structure, which represents that binary
info).

Regards,
Shameem