tcpdump mailing list archives

local timestamp recovery of .cap files

From: Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:41:47 +0900

Hi,

I am having a problem with the timestamps in .cap files. I receive
.cap files captured on machines in a different timezone (GMT +1 or GMT
+3). When I do a "tcpdump  -r  en0.cap -n -tttt" then the timestamps
are corrected to my local timezone (GMT +8 or GMT +9). The problem is
that I need the timezone correction for the capturing machines (GMT +1
or GMT +3) and not of my local machine. I know I can do the timezone
correction manually by using -tt instead of -tttt and add +1 or +3
hours, but this is error-prone. Is there a way to calculate this kind
of recovery of the timestamp automatically?

Thank you,
Andrej
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.