tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Linux input layer evdev capturing

From: Michael Richardson <mcr () sandelman ottawa on ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:08:38 -0500

"David" == David Gibson <david () gibson dropbear id au> writes:
    David> Uh.. so, what's the next step here?

    >> I thought Guy already allocated one.
    >>
    >> /* * David Gibson <david () gibson dropbear id au> requested this
    >> for # captures from the Linux kernel /dev/evd device. This is
    >> used to * communicate keystrokes and mouse movements from the
    >> Linux kernel * to display systems, such as Xorg.  */ #define
    >> DLT_LINUX_EVDEV 216
    >>
    >> What else should I write?

    David> Uh.. sorry.. I didn't see that.  Where should I have been
    David> looking?

  No, I actually hadn't allocated it or commited it until I wrote the
email to see if the text made sense.    Guy hadn't allocated one, so I
did.  I'm actually not certain that I did it right.
  I also wanted to know if my description made sense to you.

    David> Did this go past on the list (I can't see it on gmane), or
    David> has that gone into a tree somwhere (I can't see it on the
    David> default CVS branch)?

  Not in CVS at this point.
 http://github.com/mcr/libpcap/commit/bfb8369657376d58ff54a4a0e64adc86900c2327

--