tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: libpcap0.9.8 compile error on FreeBSD 5.4

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:48:56 -0800

Max Laier wrote:
On Saturday 05 January 2008, lei wei wrote:
Max,

I don't quite understand "surrounding struct pflog_softc in #ifdef
_KERNEL.". Could you give me some more detailed instruction?
Thanks for the help.

See attached. Apply to either the installed version directly (/usr/include/net/if_pflog.h) or your source tree and do a buildworld/installworld.

libpcap's configure script should probably check whether you're configuring for a BSD-with-PF system with that problem, and either

        1) not enable PFLOG support

or

        2) somehow work around the problem.
-