tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [patch] Teach tcpdump to recognize new OpenBSD pflog packets

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:24:34 -0700

On Sep 24, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:

OpenBSD 4.1 introduced an incompatible change to their pflog device
packet header:

...and didn't introduce a new DLT_ value.

It appears that FreeBSD will be doing the same for 7.0, so we just gave up and said "no pflog dissection except on systems that support pflog, and we only dissect pflog files in the format on that machine - get the definition of pflog packets from the system header file".

Max Laier submitted a patch to do that, which is checked into the main and x.9 branches.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.