tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: USB support in libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 14:46:12 -0700

Jon Smirl wrote:
Attached is some clean up for libpcap support of usbmon on Linux.

You might want to send it as "diff -c" or "diff -u" output, in case changes are made to those files before the patch is applied (as has already happened - I added RCS IDs to some files that lacked them, including pcap-usb-linux.c).

It also adds code to enumerate the configurations of the devices
attached to the USB bus when the capture session is first started.
Without capturing the device configurations into the capture stream is
it not possible to fully decode the stream data.

I.e., this causes packets that enumerate the configuration of devices attached to the bus to show up in the beginning of the capture, by performing operations that require that sort of traffic to go out on the bus?

Paolo, do you have any comments on the changes?
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.