tcpdump mailing list archives

USB API status && bluetooth issue remind

From: "Abeni Paolo" <paolo.abeni () telecomitalia it>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:24:34 +0100

hello,

I would like to signal that the long awaited USB sniffing binary interface has been finally merged into mainline linux
kernel, starting from last version (2.6.20-rc1). No changes where applied to the kernel API, so current pcap code
[should] just work.

I would like to recall attention on the issue of current bluetooth sniffing code (cut && paste from previous message):

The transfer direction (which is available in the hci socket ancillary data) bit is not provided. To add such data
a pseudo haeader should be introduced, but this will change the data link format (not included yet in any
official libpcap release AFAIK). It's a real pity, since only a bit of information (In/Out) is required to
be added.

Should we change the BT data link format to fix this ?!?

best regards,

Paolo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If
you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it
immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
webmaster () telecomitalia it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it