tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: HTTP support in libpcap

From: "Ian McDonald" <ian.mcdonald () jandi co nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:05:59 +1300

On 10/29/06, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:
abakash wrote:

> I am new to libpcap and just want to know whether libpcap has got any
> http support in it i.e. whether I can extract http header information
> from any packet.

You can, if you choose, write code to extract HTTP header information
from any TCP segment captured by libpcap that contains HTTP header
information and that was captured with a "snapshot length" long enough
to contain the header information in question.

Libpcap, however, won't do it for you; you will have to do it yourself.
-
libtrace from our research group might be able to help:
http://research.wand.net.nz/software/libtrace.php

--
Ian McDonald
Web: http://wand.net.nz/~iam4