tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: TCPDUMP 3.9.4 under Fedora Core 5 seems to

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:07:03 -0700

Bruce Keats wrote:
After digging into the issue, I have come up with a patch.  The crux of the
problem is that the off_ll is added twice when generating the BPF code that
peeks into the LLC header.

Yes. The real problem was that the code was a bit confused about where to add in off_ll.

I've checked into the main and x.9 branch (so if there's an 0.9.5 release, it'll be in that release; I don't know whether there will be one or not) a change to fix up the addition of off_ll (by centralizing it, and *not* adding it into other off_ values), which should fix various problems with Prism and AVS headers.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.