tcpdump mailing list archives

libpcap : Reading from kernel interface

From: madhurag () iitk ac in
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:18:30 +0530 (IST)

Hello friends,

I wish to use hostap (a driver for wireless cards) + libpcap + tcpdump to
bring some extra details of the packets in the user space.

I wish to know that how libpcap reads the packet from the kernel/interfaces.

For my purpose, i have to implement an interface in the hostap code (which
i shall be registering with the kernel). Then how shall i modify the
libpcap code to read from this interface too.

Also i dont need libpcap to filter any packets collected from this new
interface as they have already been filtered in the driver code itself.

A quick help will be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance

-madhuresh

-