tcpdump mailing list archives

print 802.11

From: axi <gustave.flaubert () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:49:01 +0200

Hi workers,
My driver/card in monitor mode sends to libpcap a frame with FCS,
when tcpdumps ( version 3.9.4 ) parsers i.e a valid Beacon Frame, it's
identifies FCS part as a Tagged Parameter in a Management Body, and
sometimes when pass TEST2 check, caused by that prints [|802.11] instead of
Beacon.
¿ Is there anyway to automatically detect FCS in 802.11 frames ? ¿ Now exist
any option in tcpdump to "activate" FCS in frames ?
This will be fixed in the future? I make a decoder for snort-wireless, and I
discard tagged parameter if exist in last 4 bytes,
there is another solution?

Thanks,
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.