tcpdump mailing list archives

what is the flag -c mean

From: "Lan Qing" <efiish () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 17:33:39 +0800

hello,
I'm of tcpdump,and i got the fllowing words while i'm reading the tcpdump
man page
"   Tcpdump  will,  if not run with the -c flag, continue capturing packets
until it is interrupted by a SIGINT signal  or a SIGTERM sig-nal ; if run
with the  -c flag,  it  will  capture packets until it is interrupted by a
SIGINT or SIGTERM signal or the specified number of packets have been
processed."
it says a lot about -c flag,but it seems like -c flag will not work here(it
is the same using it or not using it). Can someone explan that for me.
thank you for any help.
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.