tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap_loop() not returning after

From: David Rosal <david.rosal () upf edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:00:32 +0200

Richard Hansen wrote:
If pcap_breakloop() is called in a signal handler, and the signal in question isn't set up to restart system calls, that should let the loop terminate cleanly. If it's not called in a signal handler, i.e. if there's no signal that was delivered to the process, that won't help.

Can I send a signal myself to get it to terminate cleanly?  If so, is there a good reference for how to do this?  (Sorry,
I'm new to C and *nix programming and I don't know much about signals.)

The function raise() sends a signal to the own process. Type man raise for more information.

__david
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.