tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Convert timeval to timestamp

From: Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:08:24 -0500

On 03/20/2006 08:29 PM, Luis Del Pino wrote:
What function do I have to use to convert a struct timeval (struct
pcap_pkthdr {struct timeval ts;...}) to timestamp units(u_int32)?

Um, is this a trick question?

man 2 gettimeofday (Linux):

       struct timeval {
               time_t         tv_sec;        /* seconds */
               suseconds_t    tv_usec;  /* microseconds */
       };

i like calculating jitter in RTP streams.

I like jittering calculators in REM dreams.

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>