tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: TCDUMP enhancement for DSR (dynamic source routing)?

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms () spc org>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:28:33 +0000

On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 01:46:14PM +0100, Grepet Cyril wrote:
I'm actually working on Ad hoc protocols, particulary on Dynamic Source
Routing (DSR) protocol.

Cool! Do you plan to do any Layer 2 ad-hoc work?

For my study, I want to use tcpdump to filter DSR packet between several
implementations.

Excellent. Do you have a copy of Charles E. Perkins' 'Ad-Hoc Networking' ?
Recommend it.

I know DSR is still a draft and none an IETF's RFC but does a
modification of tcpdump exist already ?

Not that I know of, but if you're willing to write one, I'm willing to
review it (though I don't have a working implementation of DSR anywhere).

I wrote most of an AODV implementation for FreeBSD and tcpdump's
AODV dissector a few years back so am happy to help.

Regards,
BMS
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.