tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: D_IN vs PCAP_D_IN

From: dean gaudet <dean-list-tcpdump-workers () arctic org>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:54:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Aaron Turner wrote:

Well looks like sometime in libpcap 0.9.x, pcap.h changed the enum for
direction_t to pcap_direction_t and the enumerated types within.
While I can understand the reason of the change, it's driving me nuts
since there doesn't seem to be an easy way to handle this gracefully.

heh that's sort of my fault 'cause i pointed it out right after the first
release with those "unprotected" symbols... but istr there was another
release almost immediately to fix build problems on NT?  can't you just
require the most recent?

Since I don't use autoconf for this project, anyone have a way of
detecting what version of pcap.h is there?  Simple things like:

#ifndef D_IN
#define D_IN PCAP_D_IN
#endif

you could #define D_IN PCAP_D_IN and so forth before #including the
tcpdump headers... then you can always use PCAP_D_IN.

-dean
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.