tcpdump mailing list archives

Trace conversion.

From: Paul Berube <berube () cs ualberta ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:55:55 -0600 (MDT)

Hi.

I think I have a simple problem, but I can't seem to find a simple
solution...  First, let me say that I know very little in the networks
field, that I'm working under Cygwin and Linux, and that I don't have root
access.

Ok.  I have a couple traces in tcpdump format.  What I actually need is
just a list of destination addresses for the trace.  I might be able to
use a timestamp if I got really fancy, but it's not required. So,
precisely, for each packet in the trace, in chronological order, I
want a <ts,dest_ip> pair.  That's it.

I suspect this wouldn't be too hard if the tcpdump format was specified,
but if it is, I can't find such a document.

If anyone could point me in the right direction here, that would be super.

Thanks!

-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.