tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Concurrent TCP Connections

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:36:12 +1000

man tethereal

feed the capture through tethereal and use the flags
-R "not frame" -z conv,tcp

the -R flag is to stop tethereal from printing any packet summaries to stdout,

-z flag is to make tethereal to print a table of all TCP sessions to
stdout after the entire capture file has been parsed.

feed this table through pipes through suitable  head,  sort,  sed magic
and convert it into whichever format you need.