tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: IGRP

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:38:23 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:23:31PM -0700, Guy Harris wrote:
[ .. ]
| The "temporary patch" Michael checked in is, in fact, the correct fix.
|
| That raises another question, though - "print-ip.c" now treats both
| protocol 9 and protocol 88 as IGRP, but the packet formats are, I
| think, different - should we *only* treat IPPROTO_PIGP as IGRP, and
| handle IPPROTO_EIGRP either not at all or with an "eigrp_print()"
| routine?

i think the eigrp_print() option is the way to go ....

just discovered that we have no eigrp decoder in tcpdump -
i was under the false impression that print_igrp() would
handle the eigrp formats as well .... bummer
anyway eigrp (at least the IP flavour) would be IMHO a worthwhile
thing to implement (the proto is still around and no signs that it becomes
dead0; would somebody on the list hav the courtesy to send me a few
eigrp .pcap captures then i'll cook something up;

/hannes
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.