tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Patch for libpcap pcap_stats_linux

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:35:13 +0200

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:16:55AM +0200, Alberto Ornaghi wrote:
| Hannes Gredler wrote:
| >On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 09:33:31AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
| >
| >| The patch below, adds a static variable to pcap_stats_linux() which
| >| holds a running total of the packet statistics so that the behaviour
| >| of pcap_stats() on Linux matches the behaviour of FreeBSD.
| >
| >checked in;
|
| why this patch was not included in the 0.8.3 release ?
| it is in the cvs, modified by guy to handle more than one pcap_t in use,
| but is missing in the release tarball...

afaik we only committed that to HEAD and not to the 3_8 branch;
so it will certainly be in 3_9 or whatever is next;

reason for that is that i was not 100% sure if this is a bugfix
or a new "feature" (albeit a small one) and i took the conservative
approach ...

if you want it in 3_8_3 pls incorporate guys' suggestions
and re-submit it;

/hannes
-
This is the tcpdump-workers list.