tcpdump mailing list archives

code seems to support 5353 - but pkts aren't printed as DNS, why?

From: Sam Roberts <sroberts () uniserve com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 22:58:57 -0500

A quick look through the tcpdump code base makes it look like both 53
and 5353 are recognized as DNS ports, but when I dump the traffic on my
network, I don't see the pretty-printing of the contents of mDNS packets
as I do DNS packets.

Any suggestions as to why? Can I get this to work like I want?

I'm developing an mDNS resolver and responder, and I'd like to be able
to see what's going on!

I am using tcpdump 3.7.2 on OS X, built from a .tgz I just downloaded.

Thanks,
Sam

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe