tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: beta1

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:55:53 -0800

On Nov 14, 2003, at 3:09 PM, Neil Spring wrote:

I've attached a ruby script that, when placed in the tcpdump directory, moves rcsid's beneath the include of "interface.h". If interface.h is not included, it is added after tcpdump-stdinc.h, which if that isn't there, is included after config.h. it then replaces "rcsid =" with "rcsid _U_ =".

I've checked the results of that into the main branch.

The only file it fails on is missing/datalinks.h, which included tcpdump-stdinc.h without previously including config.h. (I think that's better fixed separately).

I checked that in as part of the fix.

Michael, should this be propagated to the 3.8 branch, assuming it compiles on a reasonable collection of systems? (The only problems I'd expect would be

1) GCC's that don't handle "__attribute__((unused))" in that context but do handle it in function arguments, if any such GCC's exist - if they don't handle it in function arguments, the code *before* the checkin wouldn't compile;

2) files where, on some platform, including "interface.h" would cause a problem;

3) the added include of "config.h" in "missing/datalinks.c" breaking something (unlikely, I suspect).)

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe