tcpdump mailing list archives

aix: tcpdump over loopback

From: alex medvedev <alexm () pycckue org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:11:40 -0500 (CDT)

hallo,

is there an easy way to find out the current linktype in print-ip.c?

AIX doesn't compute cksum over loopback.
i would like to add a check, so that if we are listening on a loopback,
i.e. linktype == IFT_LOOP we simply do not compute/print cksum but still
compute it on other link types.

also,
a cosmetic change in print-ip.c in ip_print() around line 440:

        sep = ", ";

should come before the printf() statement, because sep is
set to "", which produces things like:

        length: 84bad cksum 0 (->d49c)!

instead of:

        length: 84, bad cksum 0 (->d49c)!