tcpdump mailing list archives

Lost bytes.

From: Matthew Comb <mattyc () orcon net nz>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:04:53 -0500

Hi, new to this list.

Have successfully translated some dump files into IPheader/TCPheader and then data. Unfortunately the data seems to be missing approximately the last 14 bytes of information in 1500 byte long packets.

The packets do not appear to be fragmented. The flags and fragmentation offset seem to be normal and apart from the fact the last little bit is missing everything else is normal.

I have triple checked against the dump files to make sure that it wasnt a read error from my client. But the tcpdump output files are definately short these bytes on these packets.

Can anyone offer any assistance?

Kind regards,

Matt.

--