tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Data Analysis tools

From: George Bakos <gbakos () ists dartmouth edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:58:54 -0500

sub shameless_plug {

A small group of folks here have been working on Shadow and matured it
into a pluggable architecture for analysis using whatever pcap-based tool
you want. One of the output options is historical trend graphs per
second/minute/hour via gnuplot.

The top two graphs at http://people.ists.dartmouth.edu/~gbakos/sapphire
were made by shadow with a tcpdump filter. Ngrep, tcpdump, and (a very
basic) tethereal plugins are already done & I hope to have one for p0f
ready when we release v1.8 in the next few weeks.

There will be a posting here when it goes out the door.
}

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 08:13:48 -0800