tcpdump mailing list archives

bpf filter on aix 4.3/token ring

From: Andrew Padilla <apadilla () adp-solutionsinc com>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 14:47:25 -0700

I am trying to use the bpf filter(pcap_compile/pcap_setfilter) on aix
4.3 using libpcap 0.7.1 on a token ring device (tr0). I can see the ip
packets that are encapsulated within token ring but when I try to filter
those ip packets with pcap_setfilter I no longer get any packets. I use

(tr protocol 0x800) and (host 10.100.1.107)

I know there is traffic for 10.100.1.107 but when the filter is applied
i get nothing. Is it possible to use the bpf filter with token ring?
Works ok for aix on ethernet (en0).

Comments?
Andrew

-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe