tcpdump mailing list archives

question

From: "subramoni padmanabhan" <smoni77 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:12:47 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to capture packets going from one machine to another using pcap on the "any" device. The man pages say that the "any" device does not support promiscuous mode. So what I am trying to do cannot be achieved. Can anyone offer suggestions on how I can achieve this? Maybe another tool or some other way. I was thinking of using iptables but I am not quite sure of a few points about it. Please let me know if anybody on this list knows about and have worked with iptables so that I can mail my questions. Thanks.

Subramoni Padmanabhan
G-126, 700 woodland avenue
Lexington, Kentucky 40508
Phone : 859 323 9405