tcpdump mailing list archives

pcap question

From: "subramoni padmanabhan" <smoni77 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:29:55 -0500

hi,

I have a question regarding capturing packets with libpcap. I am writing an application where I need to capture UDP packets sent from host1 to host2. I am using the pcap library with the "any" device to capture packets arriving on any interface. Can a router between host1 and host 2 capture packets destined for host 2 sent by host 1 on the "any" device? If not, can anyone suggest any other means of doing this? Thanks.

Subramoni Padmanabhan
G-126, 700 woodland avenue
Lexington, Kentucky 40508
Phone : 859 323 9405