tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: version.h breaks for -current

From: Guy Harris <guy () netapp com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:54:02 -0800

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:51:58AM -0800, Guy Harris wrote:
#include <stdio.h>

extern const char *foo(void);

#if 0
extern char foostr[];
#endif

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
      printf("%s\n", foo());
#if 0
      printf("%s\n", foostr);
#endif
      return 0;
}

The "#if 0" stuff was in there when I was testing whether exporting a
string directly from a shared library works.  At least on some platforms
(SunOS 5.x, Linux, FreeBSD - all ELF platforms), the answer is "no", so
having a "pcap_lib_version()" routine to return the version string is
the right answer.

There's no point in testing whether it works in, say, IRIX, given that
it doesn't work on several platforms.  I'd just forgotten to remove that
stuff from my test program.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe