tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: proposal: rename DLT_PRISM_HEADER

From: David Young <dyoung () ojctech com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:03:01 -0600

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 08:53:41PM -0500, Solomon Peachy wrote:
1) Fix the mactime to be in, say, nanoseconds as you suggested.
2) Add another field that describes the mactime.

The Intersil prism2 series provides microsecond accuracy; I can't speak
for any of its variants/derivatives (eg orinoco and cisco).

I'm inclined to go for (1), as if the hardware proveides a timestamp,
the units will be known.

Sound good?

  #1, nanoseconds, sounds good.

Dave

--
dyoung () ojctech com      Engineering from the Right Brain
                        Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933