tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: releases (was Re: understanding filtering )

From: Guy Harris <guy () netapp com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:36:44 -0800

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:43:42AM -0500, Michael Richardson wrote:
  I know that we have, like, 20 platforms on which things should work, not
to mention OS revisions..

...and both native and GCC compilers.

It might be nice to get compiler output posted even from successful
builds, to show compiler warnings (sometimes native compilers report
potential issues that GCC doesn't).

Note that, when building with the native compiler, the ".devel" files
shouldn't be created, as the "make depend" stuff depends on a GCCism.
When building with GCC, the ".devel" files *should* be created, to get
extra warnings from GCC.
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe