tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Reserving a libpcap DLT value

From: Hannes Gredler <hannes () juniper net>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:18:31 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 07:41:11AM -0700, Kent Dahlgren wrote:

| I'd like to create a new value that will be used
| to communicate what I call Named Data Link
| Type information to Ethereal.

kent,

wouldn't a simple value2string tokentable do what you are looking for ?

static const struct tok bpf_dlt_values[] = {
    { DLT_EN10MB,     "Ethernet (10Mb)" },
    { DLT_EN3MB,      "Experimental Ethernet (3Mb)" },
    { DLT_AX25,       "Amateur Radio AX.25" },
    { DLT_PPP,        "Point-to-point Protocol" },
    { DLT_FDDI,       "FDDI" },
    { 0, NULL}
};

what is the reason why you want to create a new DLT_ value ?

/hannes
-
This is the TCPDUMP workers list. It is archived at
http://www.tcpdump.org/lists/workers/index.html
To unsubscribe use mailto:tcpdump-workers-request () tcpdump org?body=unsubscribe