Snort mailing list archives

Request for CVE Number Information

From: Mohamed Sayed <mohamed.sayed () invictux com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:31:32 +0000

Hello Snort Team,

I have an important question regarding whether Snort rules can provide the CVE number if an alert is raised from
detecting malicious patterns or activities. Additionally, I'm curious if there are any settings or features available
to display related CVEs for these malicious activities, as I will be running this on PCAP files.

Best Regards,

Mohamed Sayed

OT/ICS Cybersecurity Engineer

OT/ICS Services | Invictux

Your Security Is Our Responsibility

[mobilePhone]

+2 01119588936

[emailAddress]

Mohamed.Sayed () Invictux com<mailto:Mohamed.Sayed () Invictux com>

[website]

www.Invictux.com<https://www.invictux.com/>

[address]

Ashgar Darna Compound, Ring Rd, El-Basatin, Cairo .