Snort mailing list archives

Snort Blog: 2.9.8.3 Shared Object end-of-life

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 16:11:11 +0000

https://blog.snort.org/2021/04/2983-shared-object-end-of-life.html

2.9.8.3 Shared Object end-of-life

Attention users of SNORTⓇ version 2.9.8.3: This serves as your official end-of-life notification. However, this EOL
notification is a bit unique.

We will be moving to an “end of life” for shared object rules for Snort version 2.9.8.3 in 90 days, (July 20, 2021).
After that, for an indeterminate amount of time after July 20, we will only be supporting 2.9.8.3 for plain text rules.

If you are using version 2.9.8.3, you should immediately start making plans to move off of that version altogether.

Please see our other announcement recently<https://blog.snort.org/2021/03/official-eol-notice-for-29150-29151-and.html>
on the EOL of 2.9.15.0 and 2.9.16.0.