Snort mailing list archives

Re: how to test free Registered rules

From: Ivan Radev <ivan.radev () technoco re>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 08:22:01 +0200

Hello Lolita,
This is not a straightforward question as the set of rules is constantly
changing. You can give a try testing your IDS/IPS with a vulnerability
assessment tool as OpenVAS, Qualys, or just craft rules for yourself and
then craft packets that match. Basic example is to create a simple icmp
rule with a content matcher, then ping with a pattern "ping -p" . The
pattern uses only hexa.
Cheers, Ivan

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 3:18 PM Lolita M. via Snort-sigs <