Snort mailing list archives

Re: looking for snort 3.0 appid_stats.log & alert_json.text sample files

From: "Costas Kleopa \(ckleopa\) via Snort-devel" <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 19:05:11 +0000

We have added a new blog here<https://twitter.com/snort/status/1316812564022657027?s=20> related to some appid
enhancements you may find useful with Snort3.

From: Snort-devel <snort-devel-bounces () lists snort org>
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM
To: snort-devel () lists snort org <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Subject: [Snort-devel] looking for snort 3.0 appid_stats.log & alert_json.text sample files
hello,

I am working on some Splunk dashboards for Snort, and i am hoping that the snort community has some sample files they
can send me so i have a broad range of events to work with.

I am specifically looking for appid_stats.log files (generated by snort 3's OpenAppID processor), and alert_json.txt
files generated on a windows system running snort 3.0 (i'll take alert_json.txt files generated on a different
platform, but i do need to test Windows at some point).

thank you in advance,

Noah