Snort mailing list archives

Packet Classification Scenario

From: j2mb0 via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 03:28:06 +0200

hey everyone,

i am deploying a firewall algorithm in the snort detection engine for
myself, can you think of any scenario in intrusion detection (Snort)
where the there are many *different* source/destination ip in the rules
and *almost no "content" fields*? my algorithm is optimized for fast
classification of a packet against the classic 5 tuple (srcip,dstip,
,srcport, dsport, proto)? I would generate a rule set that fits to this
scenario. would be awesome if anyonecan offer help.

Thanks in advance.