Snort mailing list archives

Re: question about Sid 1-30793

From: "Joel Esler \(jesler\) via Snort-sigs" <snort-sigs () lists snort org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 22:44:03 +0000

Let's redirect this internally?

On Dec 19, 2019, at 4:35 PM, Beau Barnett (bebarnet) via Snort-sigs <snort-sigs () lists snort org<mailto:snort-sigs ()
lists snort org>> wrote:

Please advise if this is not the correct venue for this question

Customer is requesting “signature for 1-30793:3”

When I search for that SID all I find is 1-30793:4 – is there a big difference in the signatures? Customer states:
“Firepower Signature not Detecting Malicious Traffic - 1-30793:4”

I requested a pcap file of his tests and I have attached to this email.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best Regards,

Beau Barnett
HTTS Engineer/Security CX Americas US Public Sector
Customer Experience
.:|:.:|:. Cisco Systems, Inc.
bebarnet () cisco com<mailto:bebarnet () cisco com>
Phone: +1 984 216 4810

If you need assistance outside my normal hours please call +1 (866) 748-0639 and ask that your case be requeued
Your satisfaction is our number one priority. If you would like to speak to my manager for any reason please feel free
to contact him directly:

Ryan Schaefer , HTTS Lead CX Americas US Public Sector  ryschaef () cisco com<mailto:ryschaef () cisco com>  +1 408 922
4713

        ,,_
       ' ' ' '

Snort-sigs mailing list
Snort-sigs () lists snort org<mailto:Snort-sigs () lists snort org>
https://lists.snort.org/mailman/listinfo/snort-sigs

Please visit http://blog.snort.org<http://blog.snort.org/> for the latest news about Snort!

catch the most <a href=" https://snort.org/downloads/#rule-downloads";>emerging threats</a>!