Snort mailing list archives

errors red hat when './configure "CPPFLAGS=-DDEFAULT_DAQ=inline"'

From: Dorian ROSSE via Snort-devel <snort-devel () lists snort org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 11:12:25 +0000

Hello,

I copy past errors answer of the command line :

./configure "CPPFLAGS=-DDEFAULT_DAQ=inline"

-bash: :/opt/snort-2.9.13#: No such file or directory

checking build system type... grep: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.1: cannot op
                                                                             en shared object file: No such file or
directory

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
                                                                              file or directory

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

checking how to print strings... printf

checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed

checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error: no acceptable grep could be
                                                                              found in
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin:/usr/xpg4/bin

Maybe by the command line I need to call ‘ubuntu-18.04’ ?

instead BSD-install ?

Thank you in advance to gone your help,

Regards.

Dorian ROSSE.